The Threshold on the Christopher-Jin had cracked, broken away, and rotted.
Options...buy a new one or build a new one.
There was enough of the old one left to use as a templet so...I chose to build a new Companionway Threshold.
I built the threshold out of oak flooring. I had to laminate a small section on the inside to create enough depth to duplicate the old threshold. I teak oiled the wood and, as you can see, the exposed portion weathered quickly. Next time I would put several coats of Epifains Varnish on it instead.
In this photo you can also see some of the wood grained vinal flooring I put on the lid to the battery compartment and the cabin floor.